| One always knows that Jazz Fest is right around the corner when the music comes to Lafayette Square. This years line up is a good one!
- March 15 – Irma Thomas, opened by Jamal Batiste Band
- March 22 – Amanda Shaw & The Cute Guys, opened by Daria and the Hip Drops
- March 29 – March Broussard, opened by Kristin Diable & The City
- April 5 – George Porter, Jr. & Runnin’ Pardners, opened by RumpleSTEELSkin
- April 12 – Jon Cleary and co-headliner John Papa Gros Band
- April 19 – Big Sam’s Funky Nation, opened by Naughty Professor
- April 26 – Flow Tribe, opened by Robin Barnes
- Tuesday, May 2 – Christian Scott aTunde Adjuag, opened by The Tipitina’s Interns
- May 3 – Kermit Ruffins and the Barbeque Swingers and co-headliner Marcia Ball Band
- May 10 – PJ Morton, opened by Andrew Duhon Trio
- May 17 – Headliner TBA, opened by Mia Borders
- May 24 – Sweet Crude and co-headliner Tank
Photo by NOLA.com
Lafayette Square is located just one block off Poydras Street, between St. Charles Avenue and Camp Street, opposite the Federal Court buildings. It is within convenient walking distance from all downtown hotels. As an added bonus, local artisans will be selling their work near the Camp Street entrance.
For those who drive to the event, parking is available in nearby garages or on the adjacent streets where there are parking meters. Paid, on-street parking ends at 7:00 p.m., and meters accept both cash and credit/debit cards. Pets are allowed in the square during the concerts, provided they are on a leash no longer than six feet at all times.
For more information about the Wednesday at the Park Concert Series call 504-585-1500.